Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just a Quick Announcement

Guess What! My roller hockey team finally won a game tonight! It was close, 7-6, but we won with a rookie goalie. Guess who the goalie was, ME! I've played goalie before, for the kids, when they didn't have enough players, but never for adults. I've always wanted to play goalie, but I hate to experiment when it's not just for me. A whole team depends on a goalie. I didn't want to screw things up for everybody. However, tonight we had to have a goalie and nobody else wanted to do it. I step up and took the chance. I think the rest of the team played harder because I was in goal. They knew I was nervous, but they respected me for taking a chance when they wouldn't. They also knew I wasn't very good, so they had to play hard. Whatever was happening it all turned out. I'm glad I'll try new things. It's how I found the joy of hockey in the first place. It's also easy to succeed when the expectations are low, but you got to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment