Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What I Did at Faculty Meeting

    I’ve often said teachers make the worst students.  Get us in a meeting, seminar or workshop and we do all the things we complain that our students do.  Today I was a prime example.  Today I was a pretty good example of how my students are at about 2:30pm and 45 minutes to go until the end of the day.  Faculty meeting started at 3:30 pm and went to 5:00 pm.  My attention was gone before it even started.  I was just too damn tired, my brain was done thinking and I was having a difficult time mustering any caring.  So, this is what I did during faculty meeting.

    What I did during faculty meeting January 13, 2010:

Whether Harold’s favorite crayon, or
a “one eyed, one horned people eater.”
A giant sing dinosaur,
one counting puppet, or
a teen idol’s socks,
I’m an entertaining color.

Wine to get you drunk,
Dimetapp to clear your head,
Juice to stain your lip,
I’m a satisfying color.

Lilacs scent the breeze,
Lavender blankets the field,
Irises sway in the wind,
Pansies paint a garden.
I’m a memorable color.

No comments:

Post a Comment