Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Week Before Winter Break (Emotions)

           A Week Before Winter Break
                 (Emotions)
               By Meredith Johnson

Monday morning: Joy
                   Just one more week!
Monday afternoon: Dread
                   A whole week of this!
Tuesday morning: Hope
                    Today can’t be worse than yesterday.
Tuesday afternoon: Frustration
                      I’m only giving directions once.
                  One more time these are the directions.
                         Last time, the directions are...
Wednesday morning: Determined
                       I am the teacher.
                       I am prepared.
                       I’ve been teaching for years.
Wednesday afternoon: Vulnerable
            I was teaching, but no one was listening.
Thursday morning: Brave
            Giving a quiz today so they won’t forget over the break.
Thursday afternoon: Defeated
                       They’ve already forgotten.
Friday morning: Apprehensive
                 Expecting the worst.
Friday afternoon: Relief
                      I made it!
                      They’re gone!
                      I’m free!
                      Done.
          (And my head only hurts a little.)

1 comment:

  1. Only 7 hours left, you can do it!! Have a wonderful Christmas break!!

    ReplyDelete