Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tattoos and Thank-Yous

These tattoos were inked Christmas of 2010.  The book spines have my children's names on them.  They are both on my lower back.



"Mrs. Johnson?" one of my third graders asked as I was bending over to tape student work to our classroom door.            
                                                                                                                 
  "Yes?" I inquired, turning to look at her.      
                                                            
"Thank you for teaching us math" she said with a hug.                                                      
Surprised, I squeezed her back and thanked for the compliment.    
                                                          
 "Are you enjoying that I assignment?" I questioned, "Is it a little challenging, but fun?"
   I was thrilled with her seeming enthusiasm for the math assignment.             
                                    
"No," she replied, "I'm just reading your back.              
                                                   
 "My back?" I replied puzzled, "Did someone stick a note on my back?"  Third graders would think that a very funny joke to pull on the teacher.                                                                                    
                                                                          
 "No," she answered and pointed to my lower back, "your back!"                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment